POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu package puts components in non-standard places? : Ubuntu package puts components in non-standard places? Server Time
18 May 2024 12:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Ubuntu package puts components in non-standard places?
From: gregjohn
Date: 13 Nov 2007 12:40:00
Message: <web.4739e0488a83e52340d56c170@news.povray.org>
Hello.

On a feisty kubuntu box which has installed:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/graphics/povray-3.6

I cannot get megapov to ./install.  Jaime thought perhaps if this isn't working,
that kubuntu's povray might be installing files in non-standard places.

Could the maintainer do something differently?  Short of me compiling something,
are there any simple tricks for getting it going on my kubuntu box?